Providing care for people with acute psychiatric needs is becoming increasingly difficult. Many psychiatric hospitals and units are at risk of losing their state license or designation, as well as Medicare/Medicaid certification or accreditation. Our panel of experienced experts, who possess in-depth knowledge of these challenges, will discuss the following issues:
The impact of EMTALA on psychiatric intake and stabilization units.
- Compliance with The Joint Commission's suicide prevention requirements.
- Identification and treatment of medical issues in psychiatric patients.
- Reducing the incidence of assaults and other adverse events/incidents.
- Providing active treatment for the forensic psychiatric population.
- Developing effective, streamlined interdisciplinary care plans that meet CMS expectations.